Fine Toffee (Condensed Milk Candy)
- Frying Pan / Sauce Pan
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vegetable Oil
- In a medium pan on medium heat, add two tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat the pan for a few minutes
- Add the can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (usually 14 oz) and mix continuously using a wooden spoon until the milk becomes thick and brown (around 15 to 20 minutes)
- Sprinkle a dash of oil on a cutting board and rub your palms with just a bit of oil
- Lower the heat to low and while still hot, take a tablespoonful of the hot candy and roll into your a long shape
- Repeat the step above until you have rolled all of the candy into your desired shape
- Once the candy has cooled a bit, use a sharp knife and cut the candy into smaller sizes
- Allow it to cool completely and enjoy right away or place it in an airtight container to preserve.
Note: You can double the recipe but keep in mind that once you take the candy off the heat, it becomes harder to roll since it becomes hard once cooled.